Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, September 26, 2014

Portland - my new apartment

After spending the summer in my native Colorado, I have now relocated to Portland, Oregon. I found a fully-equipped apartment in a lovely, walkable neighborhood near Laurelhurst park, Whole Foods, tons of restaurants, and, best of all, walking distance from Philippe and Rachel. My new home is three times larger than my studio apartment in Paris and I sit at a large desk looking out at flowers and trees. Here are some photos of my new place, from front to back.
Shady front porch
Spacious living room with wood burning fireplace

Main bedroom
 Guest bedroom / office
A real kitchen!

The backyard and view from kitchen and office
While I miss speaking French and the cultural life of Paris, I am very happy exploring my new surroundings.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Elaine. You did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu joli,
    jsuis sure que Pa y serait bien aussi !!!
    Muxu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your new apartment certainly looks splendid. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably miss living under the splendor of Paris. I love it when I go there on tours, and I can't imagine how dazzling my life would be if I really lived there. Anyway, you are so lucky to have found a gem for your new abode. Thank you for sharing those lovely pictures! I hope everyone is having a great autumn.

    Beverly Roberson @ Texas Renters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love apartments with fireplaces. I think it's one of the closest things that make them into a home. The warmth of a fire burning on a cold night is to die for. I hope you're enjoying your new place, Elaine. Keep us updated! :)

    Benny Daniel @ Finlay Brewer Limited

    ReplyDelete