Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Surgery


I'll be having surgery tomorrow,  November 30th. There is good news and bad news: the bad news is that I'll be having a mastectomy, but the good news is that I shouldn't need radiation or chemotherapy. The other good news is that the plastic surgeon will be there and I'll have breast reconstruction immediately. I'll be staying in Colorado for the 6-8 weeks of healing and then I should be good to go back to France. 

Patrice had to return to Paris without me. He hates it, and wishes he were here by my side. We spend a lot of time communicating via Skype.

In the meantime, I am spending lots of time with family. I've been staying at my brother's house in Arvada, and will go to my mother's house in Lakewood to recuperate for the first few days after surgery. My mom and my sister, who is a nurse, will be taking good care of me. 

My sons are also supporting me. My younger son, Eric, who lives in Taiwan, has extended a visit to the U.S. to be by my side. He'll return to Taiwan on December 4th. My other son, Philippe, who lives in Portland, Oregon, will come to Denver for a visit December 7-9. I feel very lucky and very much loved.

Thank you to all who are reading this. I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers. I'm sure I'll be fine. 

Love, 
Elaine

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. November 1st 6AM Paris time
    The operation is over
    Everythings OK
    Elaine will be on her feet in a short time
    I'm glad
    Patrice

    ReplyDelete