Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Mother's Birthday

Today was my mother Marilyn's 81st birthday. She's still going strong, still cooking meals for children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Here are some photos of my Mom from last year's post:
Marilyn in high school

With my Dad in Athens c. 1970

80th birthday party
This evening we celebrated her 81st birthday. You'll notice that I have more gray hair than she does!


4 comments:

  1. Your Mum looks great and you have mother and daughter look alike.
    My mum would be 80 this year but she died 11 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your message. I'm sorry for the loss of your mum.

      Delete
  2. Your hair isn't gray, Elaine. It's silver, like the stars! Please say "Happy Birthday!" to you mom, from me.

    ReplyDelete