Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Philippe

Today is my son Philippe's 36th birthday. I'm sorry I won't be in Portland to celebrate with him and Rachel, but we'll be thinking of him and sending love.

Last year I featured some photos of him as a youngster.
Here's a more recent photo of Philippe:


Philippe and Rachel have a special connection with Paris - this is where they became engaged in 2007. Philippe and Rachel came back to Paris in May, 2011 and they returned to the site of his proposal - the Pont des Arts - to seal their love by attaching a padlock to the railing and throwing the key into the river below.









Patrice and I went back to the Pont des Arts last week to look for their padlock.

The bridge continues to attract lovers and padlocks.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics.
    Paris is also special for me. I met my husband here on our first date and later I got my first ring from him. It wasnt an engagement ring though, just a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. c est trop mignon, trop romantique j adore, bisoux belle maman

    ReplyDelete