Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving in Paris

Yesterday was just another Thursday in France. We went to the bank, to the library, etc. However, we did have our own Thanksgiving dinner - just the two of us.

We went to the butcher shop where we had plenty of choices:

From the top left: pheasant, wild duck, pintade*, free range chicken, and yes, turkey!
(the furry critters are wild rabbits on the left and a hare on the right)

We chose a pintade which is known in English as a guinea hen. It looks like this when still walking around:


And this - when ready to eat

We cooked it with sauerkraut and a little bacon. Sounds weird, but it was delicious!

Happy Thanksgiving to all dear friends and family. I hope your holiday was filled with love and good food.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Elaine and Patrice! Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving dinner you had. I chuckled when I read your post. On my drives and walks in the countryside here, I often see groups of guinea hens and they always make me laugh. They make quite a funny noise when agitated and they move in sync with one another, sometimes changing direction very quickly as if to say, "oh no, let's go this way! On second thought, oh not, let's go that way!" Looking forward to catching up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Iam a weird Polish who married an American hippie. We live in the South-west of France. I found your blog and your life very interesting, inspirating. We also had a nice Thanksgiving Dinner, I put some pics. My blog is in Polish but I put a lot of photos. I hope we will be virtual friends. All the best.

    ReplyDelete