Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My new TV

French TV goes all digital soon, and my tiny hand-me-down TV is analog only. Every day a message scrolls across the screen warning me that it will no longer work after March 6th. So I've been doing some research and shopping, but hate to invest a lot of money since I don't watch TV very often. What to do?

A few days ago, Dominique came up with a brilliant solution. He has a friend who has just upgraded and has a perfectly acceptable digital flat screen TV to sell for a fraction of the price of a new one. Yes! I'll take it!

Furthermore, Dominique was willing to deliver it to my apartment and set it up for me. Double Yes!! You can see the difference below.


Best of all, we had a nice visit. I haven't seen him for several weeks, and I thought maybe it was over . . . . but maybe it isn't over . . .?

No comments:

Post a Comment