Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Staying in touch

Surprise! Andrea popped up in Paris this week. We've stayed in touch, spending hours talking via Skype when he called my computer from Barcelona or from Milan over the holidays. I was surprised when my cell phone rang on Monday, showing Andrea as the caller. Where are you? I asked, surprised that he was calling my phone rather than my computer. "I'm at Châtelet, here in Paris. Are you busy?" I was just finishing an email response to Dominique and the gray day suddenly brightened. We agreed to meet at the Odeon metro station. By the way, here's a picture of Andrea:


No, it's not a romance - we really are at different stages in our lives - but we have a unique connection and I am happy to provide a sounding board as he sorts through a myriad of options in his personal and professional life. I enjoy our conversations and our rare meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment