Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Centre Pompidou


I never run out of things to do in Paris. This week I decided to check out the Mondrian exhibit at the Centre Pompidou Museum of Modern Art. The Mondrian/De Stijl exhibit provided an excellent retrospective of Piet Mondrian's work, showing much more that just the abstract lines and primary colors that are his signature.

Along with the Mondrian exhibit, I also discovered the works of Arman. I'd never heard of him. And while I didn't appreciate his "garbage" pieces, I did enjoy many of the other constructions exhibited here. Check out his website.

I had coffee in the restaurant on the top floor of the museum. It offers stunning views of the city and its decor matches the theme of the museum.

Too bad it was gray and rainy - the views weren't very stunning . . .

And on the way back to the metro - the juxtaposition of avant garde with the traditional as seen in the nearby St. Eustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment