Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shopping with Tracy

The longer I'm away the more I am aware of the subtle shifts in my comfort zone. I can almost hear the squeaky, stretching noises as the seams of the envelope of my previous life start to come apart - sometimes with a gentle nudge from others.

Tracy and I were in Augsburg, window shopping. It was cold and I needed a new jacket. "No, not a fleece!" warned Tracy when she saw me heading towards a sporting goods shop. "Fleece is for Boulder. You live in Paris now. Let's find you something more appropriate, more stylish!"

A few minutes later a shop window caught our attention. Ah, this shows promise. Let's go in here. Half an hour later, and with a nudge from Tracy, I've found a jacket that I like.

2 comments: