Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Monday, September 27, 2010

SDF

"SDF" stands for "Sans Domicile Fixe" in French. That is the polite way (and the official way) of referring to a homeless person - a person without a fixed domicile. I moved again today. I could be called an SDF. It's a bit of a joke among my friends. No, I am not sleeping in a cardboard box under a bridge, I am currently staying in a very nice apartment in one of Paris' nicer districts. Again, friends have come to the rescue by lending me an apartment until I can move into my very own place on Friday, October 1st.

I must say I'm getting very good at living out of a suitcase. And a small one at that. But I will be very happy to finally gather my stuff in one place and unpack. I probably won't be completely settled until after my son Eric's visit next week - I am planning to lend him my new apartment. But at least I will have a place to call my own for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment