Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Paris apartment

It feels good to be back in Paris. Actually, it feels good to unpack my suitcase and to eat at home instead of going to a restaurant.

I moved into a new apartment in Paris yesterday. I found it on Craigslist. I didn't realize that Craigslist was international. Thanks Philippe! This apartment is right around the corner from the first apartment I stayed in back in March. It's in the 5th arrondissement and I already knew and liked the neighborhood from staying near here before. I'm near markets and several bus lines, and the metro and RER aren't far away. It's larger than the last apartment I had in Paris and has two rooms - a bedroom and a living room woohoo! Best of all, it is light, bright and QUIET!

Here are a few photos so that you can imagine me sitting at my desk composing these messages:


Here's the other half of the living room and the kitchen:


The views aren't spectacular - there's no Eiffel Tower or famous landmark to look at, but it is wonderful to be up high and look down at the roofs rather than be on the ground floor and look out at blank wall as I've done before.


The apartment also has a washing machine, a CD player plus CD's (I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't have an iPod or iPhone . . ) and a TV. I also have a good internet connection! The temperature is in the 90s today, but I am happily sitting here writing to you, listening to music, and staying cool.

p.s. The apartment also has a scale in the bathroom. I weighed myself for the first time and my suspicions were confirmed. The news is not good . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment