Why this blog?

To understand why this blog was created and where it got its name, start here

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Friends

I had a visitor this week. My friend Ruth arrived from Glastonbury, England to spend three days with me in Paris. Even though she lives quite close by, Ruth had never visited Paris before. So I put on my tour guide hat and showed her my favorite sights. On Tuesday we walked for miles - from the Latin Quarter where I am currently staying, past the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs Elysees, the Tuileries gardens, the Louvre (from the outside) and then a quick look at Notre Dame before returning back "home". Whew! We had tired feet after walking all over the city. I published a few of the photos yesterday - (the dancers) And here are a few more:



Ruth and Elaine taking a siesta in the Tuileries gardens near the Louvre



An unnamed trio taking a siesta nearby:

2 comments:

  1. Last time Michael and I were in Paris we were really surprised by how easy it was to just walk everywhere. The times I had visited before I always used the Metro so I was surprised to discover that you can walk from one site to the next pretty easily, even if I was tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours or stock? And those postcard peacocks? Either way, I love them.

    ReplyDelete